Paul Weedon is the founder of Red 24 management (@Red24Management) who just celebrated their 7th year in the entertainment industry. Red 24 is the parent company to CatFace comedy talent and specializes in TV presenters. We talked about if comedians can be TV presenters, how to break into TV presenting, what's changed in TV in the last 10 years and where he see's it going and we discuss some myths like do you need to be "attractive" to be a TV presenter?
We talked about...
- Why comedians are more gracious than industry in his experience.
- How YouTube has made it easier for people to break through into TV/ presenting.
- What truth is there in the cliche that better looking people do get more work on TV?
- How to approach an agency properly and professionally.
- How YouTube and the internet has impacted his job and the industry as a whole.
This podcast would be great for anyone who is interested in TV, presenting work, getting a start in TV or a comedian who has an interest in another stream of income / way of performing to a large audience.