Milton Jones ( @TheMiltonJones ) is a one-liner powerhouse with a strong work ethic and an interesting approach to how he see's his on stage self as a cartoon rather than a comedian or a character.
We talked about -
- Is comedy still a stepping stone to “something else”?
- His frustrations with getting work commissioned on TV (or the lack of it).
- Did doing something a bit “different” / weird help him in his early career and has he benefitted from having promoters wanting “variety”
- How was his mental health while discovering his voice?
- How does he get useful feedback now that he’s well known?
- Why he enjoys dealing with hecklers and how he does that in character.
- How he deals with imposter syndrome.
This podcast would be great for any comedians wanting to make a career as a comedian (one-liner or not) and how much work (and luck) it takes to happen. Alternatively it would be good for a fan of Milton's who wants to know the inner workings of his head both on and off stage.
Stream it - http://simoncaine.co.uk/ATI/MiltonJones
YouTube it - https://youtu.be/cllGJ7FJrkU