Richard Herring (@Herring1967) is an English stand-up comedian, writer and recognised as a pioneer of comedy podcasting. He daily blogs his life and is known as a massive advocate of free content and building a path for yourself by finding your audience using the internet.
We talked about...
- Moving into the self-funded self-generated content era.
- How he build a relationship with his audience through podcasting
- If he thinks he had a “leg up” on other lesser-known comedians getting into podcasting now.
- What he would do differently if he started now.
- How he is dealing with his anxiety about coming up with new ideas after doing a “best of” show.
This podcast would be great for anyone who is interested in starting a podcast and how the landscape of online content has changed in the last 5 years.