Brendon Burns (@brendonburns) is an Australian stand-up comedian and author who is known for his boisterous stage presence and controversial material. We got talking about how he found his audience through podcasting and has continued to grow it through touring new shows and giving away free content online.
We talked about...
- The value of people's time / the connection you make when podcasting
- How the downloads go up when his family is on.
- The heckler at the gig we did together showing he wanted jokes that were more about him.
- Tapping out of the traditional circuit.
- Keeping his head above water in comedy through free content and podcasts.
This podcast would be great for anyone who is interested in starting a podcast, the legal and moral issues in joke writing and the behind-the-scenes code of conduct for comedians.