Ryan Taylor (@Ryan_Taylor_) is the Head of Comedy at the Pleasance (@ThePleasance) in both London and at the Edinburgh Fringe. He is in charge of gets slots at the venue but more importantly he's passionate about bringing through new talent and building a circuit for the newer performers as well as the established ones.
We talked about...
- Do program listings still work for paid shows in an age of mobile phones / social media?
- The psychology of paid vs free fringe shows and how to sell both types of ticketing.
- What is the application process like from his point of view?
- If you haven’t heard back from the Pleasance should you assume you didn’t get a slot?
- Is there such a thing as a Pleasance style act and who would fit the bill?
This podcast would be great for anyone who is interested in gigging in Manchester, going full time as a comedian or an audience member wanting to know some of the behind-the-scenes secrets of the Manchester comedy clubs.