Chris Sussman (@chris_sussman) is the Head of Comedy at BBC Studios. Chris is responsible for leading the BBC Studios Comedy team, across the UK - in TV, radio and online. He manages the existing slate of productions and take the lead in developing new hit shows and working with exciting, diverse comedy writers and performers. If anyone knows about offence, the state of comedy at the BBC and how to sell an idea to TV it's Chris.
I got him on to talk about:
- What is BBC Studios?
- The nature off offence and if it should be the BBC's job to shield people.
- Why he thinks Mrs Browns Boys was ground breaking.
- What the future of the BBC looks like as it moves into making shows for other broadcasters
- How to get your show idea seen by him
- What are the chances of getting your show purchased if you don't have an agent?