Aditi Mittal (@awryaditi) an Indian stand-up comedian, actress and writer and one of the first women to do stand-up comedy in India, Aditi has been rated amongst India’s top 10 stand-up comedians by The Times of India.
We talked about...
- The class issues in comedy and how society impacts what they can / can’t say.
- How the Indian circuit has evolved and what the British circuit can learn from it.
- What does she make of the Edinburgh Fringe?
- The challenge of performing comedy in more than one language.
- Is stand up a boys club in Indian? Is there misogyny in the audiences / from other acts?
- How she overcame her fear of signing with an agent and found the right one for her.
This podcast would be great for anyone who is interested in the Indian comedy scene and how it compares to the UK as well as what it is like coming over from another country to take part in the Edinburgh Fringe.